Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Random post

I have a very eclectic taste when it comes to music. I listen to practically anything as long as it has a good rhythm and the lyrics have this... "substance" in them. I enjoy listening to rock and indie songs, probably because I grew up listening to them. As a kid, my dad and I would usually listen to a lot of REM and Led Zepellin songs, so... yeah. My friends consider my music taste uncanny because I prefer "not so mainstream" music unlike them. But there's nothing wrong with it. This is what I love listening to and no one has the right to change it.

Nowadays, I've seen a lot of people my age posting stuff on social networking sites saying they want to listen to this particular artist or band because they wanted to be "cool" and they don't wanna be like the "everybody-listens-to-this-except-me" type and it shocked the living daylights out of me. It's never "cool" to force yourself to like something because you wanna be like everybody else. Because you want people to look at you as a person who has this music taste other people have. "Good music taste". Let me tell you this, personally, there's no such thing as "bad" music. A lot of people these days say that modern and mainstream music suck. No. Some people just like to judge when it comes to other's music tastes because they aren't used to the music other people listen to. Just like me. There's nothing wrong with judging. As long as it's the good kind of judgement. Like you know, you just say stuff about the kind of music other people love but NEVER EVER criticize their music taste. I'm not used to mainstream music but I listen to a lot of them and after a couple weeks, they get wearisome and I delete them right away. You just have to love what you love. My point is, you don't have to pretend to like what you don't like. I'm not aiming this post at anyone, but I hope it helped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment