Sunday, July 6, 2014

Deprived of a need

The crashes of the waves
resembled the way your lips
curve and the lines on your
neck created a path that led
to your tiny fingers, reminding
me of Romeo and Juliet and
their hands intertwined. Every
time you spoke I could tell that
you're hoping to be a little
bit of something in your tone;
and that is how I knew so well.
Every chirp of the birds that
wake you up will remind you
of me and all the songs I
never got to sing to you just
when you asked me to and
miles away, I would quiver with
every word that lingers inside
me and I'm not quite sure
if I'd be glad about it because
at least I know things are fine
or disappointed because I
wake up every morning, bothered
by this distance between us.
I hope the things I tell you that
you keep under your blanket at
night make their way to your
mouth and it curves into a smile
that's gonna make the sun rise
and the moon stay hidden.
No more secrets were needed
to be kept by the sky's 3 am
pitch because they are already
buried within me. And you
know what? I'm keeping them with me
just as I would keep you
close to this pumping thing on
my chest...

No comments:

Post a Comment