Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chapters

Somebody sit with me as I
watch all these buildings
burn down just as they sat 
and looked at me lying on
the ground wilted.
It hits me at dawn 
like I'm watching this devastating
wildfire across the street and I just sat
there on the curb watching everything
burn into ashes. The fact that
they listen but never understand
my troubles has become my biggest
trouble yet. It's like I'm in
the midst of the crowd and each
person that passes by me vanishes
in thin air. I'm probably just an
empty cup waiting to be filled
on a cold December night and
in a snap of a finger I was  caught up in a
dream in the meadows watching the sun
shine through the trees as I sit on a rainbow but
it was raining at the same time...
And I'm never aware of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment